LAST UPDATED : 01/16/2023
Welcome to the Galaxy Desserts website. This website is currently located at https://www.pasquier.fr/en-us/ (Site) and the personal information collected from this Site is processed by Pasquier SAS and Galaxy Desserts.
Galaxy Desserts is part of the Brioche Pasquier family of bakers and with Pasquier SAS, are joint controllers of the processing of your personal information collected via this Site or otherwise provided to Galaxy Desserts, as described in this policy. This means that these companies have decided between them how and why your personal information will be processed and are both responsible to you for that processing. Unless expressly stated otherwise, references to “we”, “us” and “our” in this policy are a reference to both companies. If you have any queries, please contact Galaxy Desserts in the first instance using the contact details at the end of this policy.
- The types of information we collect from you or about you;
- How the personal information is collected;
- Why and how we may use the personal information that we obtain from you when you visit and use our Site, when you contact us or when we contact you;
- With whom we share your personal information; and
- The rights you have in connection with the information we use.
Please read the following carefully.
Please note that a separate privacy notice applies to any personal information you provide to us when:
- you are an employee of Galaxy Desserts. Please see our Employee Privacy Notice.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION DEFINED
The term “personal information” means any information which identifies, relates to or is capable of being associated with a particular individual. You may be directly or indirectly identified by your first and last name, but also by geolocation data, the IP address of your computer, cookies, an online identifier, information relating to your physical, economic, social identity, etc., your photos, personal preferences or your browsing data on a website.
In the past twelve (12) months, we have collected the following personal information from or about you:
|Category||Examples of Information Under this Category (*Not all of this information is collected by Galaxy Desserts)||Whether this Information is Collected or Used|
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers||We collect or use some personal information within this category.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statue (Cal. Civ. Code section 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information or health insurance information.||We do not collect or use personal information within this category.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California law or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||We do not collect or use personal information within this category.|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||We do not collect or use personal information within this category.|
|E. Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health or exercise data.||We do not collect or use personal information within this category.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement.||We collect or use some personal information within this category.|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||We collect or use some personal information within this category.|
|H. Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||We do not collect or use personal information within this category.|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||We do not collect or use personal information within this category.|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.W. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||We do not collect or use personal information within this category.|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||We do not collect or use personal information within this category.|
|L. Sensitive Personal Information means certain types of Personal Information, such as:||Social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number, account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account, precise geolocation, including any data that is derived from a device and that is used or intended to be used to locate a consumer within a geographic area that is equal to or less than the area of a circle with a radius of 1,850 feet, except as prescribed by regulations, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership, the contents of a consumer’s mail, email, and text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication, genetic data.||We do not collect or use personal information within this category.|
Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, lawfully obtained, truthful information that is a matter of public concern, information that a business has a reasonable basis to believe is lawfully made available to the general public by the individual or from widely distributed media, or information made available by the individual or a party to whom the individual has disclosed the information if they have not restricted the information to a specific audience, de-identified or aggregated information, or other information specifically exempted by California law (such as health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and other sector-specific privacy laws (including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994).
3. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you directly and indirectly.
We collect personal information from you when you:
- register with us to receive marketing communications;
- make a complaint about one of our products;
- contact or correspond with us for any other reason (e.g. to ask a question or to make a suggestion);
- using a form available on the Site, by email, or in another way (such as, selecting whether to receive marketing emails from us, details on the products you have purchased from us, and your feedback and experiences regarding those products; and
- applying for a job vacancy.
This personal information is provided by you entirely voluntarily. However, certain information (in most cases marked with an asterisk on our web forms) must be provided to us to process your complaint or query. If you do not provide this information it will not be possible to process your complaint or query. The information you provide must be truthful and accurate.
We automatically collect information technical information, including anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform as well as cookie information, including tracking pixel and beacon identification information (Technical Information). We do not use automated technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking), and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Please see our Cookies Policy for further information.
4. HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use and disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
The purposes for which we use, collect and disclose all other personal information we collect from or about you is as follows:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- Where you have provided consent, to contact you via email with marketing information about us, our events and products and about our third-party partners; and when you refresh your marketing preferences when responding to a request from us to do so. (You may withdraw your consent at any time.)
- to comply with our legal obligations regarding product and customer safety and other applicable laws and regulations.
- to keep a record relating to the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information.
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request).
- to comply with court orders or other notices where failure to do so would result in us breaking the law.
- to identify and record when you have received, opened, forwarded or engaged with the Site or our electronic communications (please see our Cookies Policy for more information).
- to analyze, evaluate and improve our products or the Site so that your use of the Site or our products are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it does not identify you personally).
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes.
- for network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorized access.
- to enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings.
- for the purposes of analysis and investigation in connection with the production and quality assurance of our products.
- for other general administration including managing any reports you make, your queries, complaints, or claims, and to send service messages to you.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY US
We may disclose your personal information to companies in our corporate group for administration and audit purposes, to escalate complaints/queries, to consider or implement any suggestions or feedback you provide or to evaluate your application for a job vacancy.
In particular, we may forward your personal information to our departments responsible for consumer relations.
We may disclose your personal information to a “service provider” or “contractor” (collectively, “Suppliers”) for a “business purpose” (as such terms are defined by California law) for the purposes set out above. Our Suppliers can be categorized as follows:
|Recipient / relationship to us||Industry sector (& sub-sector)|
|Cloud software system providers, including database, email distribution and document management providers||IT (Cloud Services)|
|Customer service/help desk platform providers||IT (Customer Services)|
|Facilities and technology service providers including scanning and data destruction providers||IT (Data Management)|
|Insurer and insurance brokers including their appointed experts, on an exceptional basis||Insurance (Underwriting & Broking)|
|Legal, security and other professional advisers and consultants, on an exceptional basis||Professional Services (Legal & Accounting)|
|Website and data analytics platform providers||IT (Data Analytics)|
|Website and app developers||IT (Software Development)|
|Website hosting services providers||IT (Hosting)|
When sending your information to Suppliers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
We may disclose your personal information with third parties that may disclose or transfer it to other organizations in accordance with their data protection policies. This does not affect any of your data subject rights as detailed below. In particular, where you ask us to delete or restrict the processing of your information, we take reasonable steps to pass this request on to any such third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any court order or other legal or regulatory obligation or request, including by law enforcement, the government or related agencies.
Disclosures of Personal Information for A Business Purpose.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have collected the categories of personal information listed above both directly and indirectly from you and from various external parties such as affiliates, third parties, and Suppliers. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the categories of personal information listed above to Suppliers (as defined above) and affiliates for a “business purpose.”
Sale of Personal Information for A Business Purpose.
We do not “sell” your personal information, or “share” any personal information for cross-context behavior advertising, to any “third party” for a “business purpose” (as such terms are defined by California law). In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not “sold” the categories of personal information described above, or “shared” such personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising, to any third party.
We do not use, or disclose to a service provider or contractor, sensitive personal information for purposes other than what is permitted by California law (such as, to perform services or provide goods reasonably expected by consumers, to ensure security and integrity).
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the United States, such as to the United Kingdom (UK) and European Economic Area (EEA).
By way of example, this may happen where any of our servers or those of our third-party service providers are from time to time located in the UK or EEA. These jurisdictions have similar data protection laws and practices which means your personal information is protected to a very similar high standard when transferred.
7. THE PERIOD FOR WHICH WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we collect your personal information, the length of time for which we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 6 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under Section 4 (How and Why We Use Your Personal Information) above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- we will retain any personal information contained in your job application for 6 months from the date of receipt;
- we receive personal information from you in connection with a complaint or query in which case we will retain that information for 5 years following the year in which the complaint or query was resolved;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see Section 12 (Your Rights) below);
- you exercise your right to require us to retain your personal information for a period longer than our stated retention period (see Section 12 (Your Rights) below);
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases our legal obligations or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
8. SECURITY AND LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We employ security measures to protect the personal information you provide to us, to prevent access by unauthorized persons and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do everything possible to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information during its transmission to us online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we are at fault.
In addition, if you linked to the Site from a third-party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website.
“Cookies” and similar technologies are small pieces of information sent to your computer or device and stored on its hard drive to allow our Site to recognize you when you visit.
10. AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
11. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or through the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Site’s features, register for the Site, use any of the interactive features of the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the addresses provided below in the Contact Us section.
12. YOUR RIGHTS
You have rights (subject to certain exceptions) in relation to your personal information under data protection laws.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request that Galaxy Desserts disclose certain or all the following information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive a verifiable Consumer Request, we will be able to disclose to you the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also may be called a data portability request).
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any or all of your personal information that we collected from and about you, subject to certain statutory exceptions. Once we receive a verifiable Consumer Request, we will identify the personal information, confirm that you want that personal information deleted, and then delete (and notify our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request inaccurate personal information be corrected.
- Right to Restrict Sensitive Personal Information Processing. You have the right to restrict how your sensitive personal information is used and disclosed, subject to certain uses permitted by California law (such as, the use necessary for the performance of services, use to ensure security and integrity).
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your legal rights regarding personal information, unless permitted by law. We will not take any of the following actions solely because you chose to exercise any of your legal rights regarding your personal information:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Other California Privacy Rights. California residents may also request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, use the contact information set forth below for general inquiries and requests.
You may exercise these rights in a number of ways but to help us to handle your requests most efficiently, please use our US Privacy Rights webform.
We encourage you to contact us first with a view to letting us help in resolving any queries or questions.
13. HOW TO SUBMIT A CONSUMER REQUEST
To exercise your rights, please submit a Consumer Request to the postal mail or e-mail addresses or the telephone number provided in the Contact Us section below. The Consumer Request must describe the request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Please specify if your Consumer Request pertains to all specific pieces of your personal information, or only in general to the categories of personal information. You may only make a Consumer Request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period.
How We Will Verify Consumer Requests. Only you, or a person you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a Consumer Request related to your personal information. To designate an authorized agent, we will ask you to provide us with legal documentation (such as power of attorney documentation) or written permission and verify your identity, and the agent will need to verify their own identity with us.
We reserve the right to require you to provide additional information to enable us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom the personal information pertains in order to release the requested information to you (or your authorized agent). If you have an account with us, you will be asked to use the standard authentication procedures to access your account. If you do not have an account with us, you will be asked to verify certain pieces of personal information. We may also ask you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury regarding your identity. We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable Consumer Request does not require you to make an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable Consumer Request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
How We Will Respond to Consumer Requests. We endeavor to respond to verifiable Consumer Requests within forty-five (45) days after receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days) we will inform you of the reason and extension in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response(s) to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response(s) by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt of the verifiable Consumer Request. If we deny (or cannot comply with) the Consumer Request, we will explain why. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your Consumer Request unless such request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
16. CONTACT US
If you wish to write to us, please write to:
1100 Marina Way South, Suite D
Richmond, CA 94804
Our email address for data protection queries is email@example.com
If you would prefer to speak to us by phone, please call (510) 439-3160
The company details of Galaxy Desserts are located at: https://www.pasquier.fr/en-us/our-company/international-company
The company details of Pasquier SAS are located at https://www.pasquier.fr/fr/page/mentions-legales