Production Quality Assurance Technician (pqat)
BRIOCHE PASQUIER UK
MILTON KEYNES - MK8 8DF
About the company
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Do you want to work at one of Europe's largest food manufacturers with a presence in the UK, USA and South Korea? Do you want to be part of a family run company with a rich history and nurturing culture to match? We are looking to recruit a Production Quality Assurance Technician (PQAT) at our 160,000 sq. ft., technologically advanced site in Milton Keynes, which is currently undergoing a large expansion process with the construction of our new production line and the start of our site extension.
About the role
The Production Quality Assurance Technician will successfully assure and maintain high levels of food quality and safety standards on the assigned production line as well as proposing and leading action plans.
The role will report into the Production Line Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Analysing hygiene, quality and food safety indicators and alerting in case of any deviation, as well as proposing and leading action plans.
• Ensuring we are producing good, consistent, safe and traceable product in a clean environment by trained operatives at all times.
• Be proactive in understanding the production line, its processes and products. Always keep a continuous improvement mindset.
• Participate and lead process improvement topics as well as understanding raw material impact on product quality.
• Training the machine operators and evaluate daily their level of integration concerning quality, food safety, hygiene and legality.
• Training the team of trainers and evaluate their level of integration concerning quality, food safety, hygiene and legality.
• Being the key member of the production team responsible for leading and resolving quality and food safety issues causing a significant impact on the business.
• Continuously communicating any quality concerns or deviations having a potential impact on the productivity of the line to the relevant people.
• Ensuring and maintaining clean and orderly work areas by ensuring that production areas and machines, ancillary areas and equipment are cleaned to a high level of hygiene and organised appropriately.
• Ensuring waste is disposed of in a safe manner, as per the Company’s policy.
• Creating and maintaining detailed documented records to ensure the future clarity of processes and outcomes.
At Brioche Pasquier UK, the standard working hours for this position will be Monday-Friday (08:30-17:30). However, the needs of the business may require flexibility.
• Have a working knowledge of Quality Assurance within a manufacturing industry, preferably FMCG production.
• Be a competent user of Microsoft Office.
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Have good organisational skills.
• Be flexible and adaptable with the ability to take prompt decisive action.
• Have a continuous improvement mindset.
• Experience working in a process factory is essential.
• Experience of an FMCG environment and food hygiene training is an advantage.
What can we offer you?
• Competitive salary with benefits including an annual bonus of up to 6% of your basic salary, company pension scheme, sick pay, income protection, Medicash health plan.
• A rigorous training programme and solid support network to help you develop a diverse range of skills in a fast-paced environment.
If you want to come and join the Brioche Pasquier UK family, we would love to see your application.