Automation And It Engineer
BRIOCHE PASQUIER UK
MILTON KEYNES - MK8 8DF
Automation and IT Engineer
Milton Keynes, UK
Contract type: Permanent
Our Automation and IT Engineers are a key part of our Engineering and Maintenance department, as they are crucial for optimising our production lines so that our tasty brioche products continue to be produced. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate an understanding of complex, fast moving, clean environments, whilst having a keen eye for detail and a willingness to grow and develop.
About the role:
• Write technical documents (specifications, functional analysis)
• Organise, plan and monitor work in collaboration with internal contacts and external service providers
• Develop and program PLCs and HMIs
• Commission equipment, optimise and set up new production lines (efficiency, flow, quality, etc.)
• Participate in technological innovation (Prototype, industry 4.0)
• Intervene on production lines (optimization, improvement, troubleshooting, etc.)
• Develop and deliver training on existing and new technologies for the site maintenance team
• Will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Industrial automation environment.
• Will be skilled in electrical engineering
• Will be proficient in Schneider and/or Rockwell PLC languages (Control Expert/Studio 5000)
• Will possess knowledge of Robotic and Motion systems (brushless motorisation) would be an advantage
• Able to plan and prioritise. Have an eye for detail and good problem-solving abilities and a practical approach.
• Will be numerate and PC literate including with Microsoft Office packages
• Comfortable participating in joint projects with other departments, sites or divisions.
• Well organised, autonomous, a team player and good interpersonal skills are also necessary assets to succeed in this role.
Internal training on our technologies will allow you to evolve and expand your field of expertise.
Hours: Full time
Monday-Friday 08:30-17:30. However, operational needs may require some flexibility.
Starting Salary: Competitive with potential for growth with development within the company and up to 6% bonus payment twice a year.
Benefits: Company Pension Plan, Westfield Health Plan, Company Sick Pay and Income Protection Plan, Life Assurance (subject to length of service).
About Brioche Pasquier:
This is your opportunity to work for one of the largest food manufactures in Europe, Brioche Pasquier. We have been present in the UK for 21 years selling a range of French bakery products to major UK food retailers, wholesale and food service markets and producing for 5 years.
We are based at our 160,000 sq. ft. technologically advanced production facility with expansion projects over the next 2-5 years to service the UK market supporting the strong growth of the company.