MILTON KEYNES - MK8 8DF
Brioche Pasquier UK is part of an international group and one of the largest food manufacturers in Europe. We have been present in the UK for over a decade and sell a range of French bakery products to major UK food retailers, wholesale and foodservice markets. The company is still family run and has a great culture and history. We are also present in Europe, South Korea and USA. We are at our 160,000 sq. ft. technologically advanced production facility to service the UK market in order to continue the strong growth of the company.
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (08:30-17:30)
Benefits: Up to 6% Annual Bonus, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay and Income Protection, Westfield Health Plan, Holiday (increasing with service)
About the role:
We are looking for a Engineering & Maintenance Manager to join our fast-growing team and business based in Milton Keynes. You will oversee all aspects of maintenance and engineering on site, including the correct functioning of production equipment on a daily and long-term basis.
The role will work directly with the Engineering & Maintenance team to ensure that we remain industry leaders through technological innovations and keeping up to date with technological advances that could benefit Brioche Pasquier.
- Managing the industrial master plan of a fast growing production site
- Manage and motivate the different teams within the department including mechanical design, industrial IT and automation
- Lead the application of technical concepts (maintenance, integration through training) in the factory in order to assure the safe and correct functioning of the production equipment.
- Provide innovative solutions for projects and development and support the ideas made by your team
- Monitor KPIs for the efficiency of the production line
- Participate in the engineering on call rota including advising on issues outside of office hours and attending site if needed
- Be responsible for training of potential managers in recruitment, training, assembling collective and individual objectives, work assessment interviews, monthly management of coordinators.
- Communicate with colleagues at other Brioche Pasquier sites to share best practice, information and technological advances.
- To create, monitor and work within the financial budget set for Engineering & Maintenance Department.
- Adhere to all health and safety legislation and actively promote safety during your workday.
- The role typically requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering related subject.
- Additional relevant knowledge, demonstrable practical experience and product expertise can offset the normal qualification requirements.
- Competent user of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.
- Able to design/create and understand technical drawings.
Essential Behavioural Competencies
- Excellent attention to detail
- To be able to remain calm under pressure and demonstrate control if challenged
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical people alike
- A high standard of organisational skills with the prioritisation and execution of actions and the ability to carry out their responsibilities with the minimum of supervision.
- Be flexible and adaptable, with the ability to solve problems and take prompt decisive action where necessary.
- Previous experience within a maintenance and/or engineering role at management level.
- Experience of working within a FMCG environment.
- Experience in coding e.g. Rockwell
- Experience in a production based role overseeing all aspects of maintenance and engineering.