MILTON KEYNES - MK8 8DF
About Brioche Pasquier
Brioche Pasquier UK is part of an international group and one of the largest food manufacturers in Europe. We have been present in the UK for over a decade and sell a range of French bakery products to major UK food retailers, wholesale and foodservice markets. The company is still family run and has a great culture and history. We are present in Europe, South Korea, USA and UK.
We are at our 160,000 sq. ft. technologically advanced production facility to service the UK market in order to continue the strong growth of the company.
About the role
Position: Logistics Assistant
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive, plus a 6% annual bonus
Benefits: Company benefits based on skills and experience. In addition, you will receive increased holiday entitlement upon years of service, Company Sick pay and after one years’ service; Income Protection and Westfield Health.
Shift pattern: Typically Monday to Friday 08.30am to 17.30pm, with a rota of being on-call
We are looking for a passionate Logistics Assistant to support the company with daily operations within the logistic function. You will be responsible for managing stock levels, forecasting, stock management and supplier relationships.
Your main tasks will be:
• Manage the supply and stock level of Brioche Pasquier products from France and the UK.
• Organise daily deliveries from France and in the UK.
• Monitor customers’ orders and deliveries and forecast requirements as accurately as possible.
• Prepare and dispatch documentation ensuring all information is correct for orders and deliveries.
• Control and process invoices.
• To monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information in a clear and concise format.
• Determine the causes of any problems and be able to select and explain the best possible solution to resolve the issue.
• Strive to improve service levels and to meet financial targets
• Synchronise with other departments within Brioche Pasquier in order to anticipate any range extensions or promotional activities
• Communicate and liaise with production and logistics daily to understand any potential deviations or likely potential changes to the plan.
• Challenge your suppliers when necessary to ensure Brioche Pasquier’s requirements are respected.
Some essential skills and qualifications required for this role are:
• The role typically requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• Experience working within a fast paced Logistics department is essential.
• The passion to progress from a Logistics Assistant to a Logistics Manager.
• Additional relevant knowledge, demonstrable practical experience and product expertise can offset the normal qualification requirements.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
• Organised and methodical with the ability to solve problems and take prompt decisive action where necessary.
• Able to prioritise tasks and execution of actions and the ability to carry out their responsibilities with the minimum of supervision.
• Excellent attention to detail
• To be able to remain calm under pressure and demonstrate control if challenged
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate specifics clearly to people.
Desirable skills and experience
• Bilingual – French & English speaking to a conversational level.
• Previous experience within a logistics role
• Previous experience within a FMCG environment
• Management skills: experience in managing a logistics team.
So if you are hardworking, passionate and feel you are able to perform this job to the best of your ability, click apply today. We want to hear from you and to join the Brioche Pasquier family!