Sweetheart Brioche Sandwiches
1. Preheat oven to 180° C. Lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish. Whisk together the maple syrup, olive oil, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Toss the strawberries in the syrup mixture until coated, then spread out on a baking tray. Roast for 40 minutes, flipping the strawberries halfway through.
3. Remove the dish from the oven and drizzle the port wine over the strawberries and set aside.
4. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Butter one side of each brioche slice and turn over.
5. Using a shaped cookie-cutter, cut the brioche slices to your desired shape. Place half of the chocolate on the non-buttered slice and half of the roasted strawberries, and top with the second piece of bread, butter side up.
6. Place the sandwich in the frying pan. Repeat with the second sandwich. When both sides of the sandwiches are browning and the cheese and chocolate is beginning to melt, remove from the pan. Best served hot.
- 40 minutes
- 2 people
For the roasted strawberries:
1 tbsp maple syrup,
1 ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil,
Pinch of fine-grain sea salt,
1 cup strawberries, sliced in half,
1 tsp port wine.
For the grilled chocolate sandwiches:
4 Brioche Pasquier Brioche Loaf slices,
100g dark chocolate roughly chopped.