1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a springform cake tin. Place butter in a saucepan over medium heat and melt for 5 minutes, constantly stirring until light brown. Pour the brown butter into a bowl and leave to cool.
2. Place torn brioche in a food processor and bend until fine. Remove from processor and place in a bowl. Place shortbread in the processor and whiz until fine. Combined the two together and, whilst stirring, pour over the brown butter.
3. Spread the brioche base evenly on the bottom of the prepared cake tin. Put it into the refrigerator to chill and wipe out food processor.
4. Use the processor to mix the cream cheese until smooth.
5. Add flour, mix until combined. Then add vanilla, crème fraiche, sugar and lemon zest. Mix together.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing each one in. Do not over mix.
7. Pour the mixture onto the prepared brioche base, spread evenly.
8. Bake for 55 minutes until the top is a tad golden and can slightly jiggle.
9. To avoid cracking, leave the cake to cool in the oven with the door open, then refrigerate for 4 hours whilst still in the pan.
10. Once refrigerated, carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin.
11. Add the halved strawberries on top in a beautiful arrangement. Serve immediately.
- 60 minutes
- 10 people
170g unsalted butter
8 brioche rolls, torn,
500g cream cheese,
2 tbsp plain flour,
1 tsp vanilla extract,
125g cream fraiche,
330g caster sugar,
zest of 1 lemon,
500g strawberries, halved.