MILTON KEYNES - MK8 8DF
We are looking for a passionate and skilled HSE Officer to run all aspects of our Health, Safety & Environment department, from our offices to our factory shop floor.
Benefits: 6% Bonus, Company Pension Plan, Westfield Health Plan, Company Sick Pay and Income Protection Plan, Death in Service (all subject to length of service)
Location: Milton Keynes (UK Offices), Ability to travel to other sites in France when required.
Contract and Hours: Permanent Contract, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08.30am to 17.3pm (however, flexibility is key!)
About the company
This is your opportunity to work for one of the largest food manufactures in Europe, Brioche Pasquier. We have been present in the UK for over a decade and sell a range of French bakery products to major UK food retailers, wholesale and foodservice markets. The company is still family run and has a great culture and history. We are also present in Europe, South Korea and USA.
We are at our 160,000 sq. ft. technologically advanced production facility to service the UK market in order to continue the strong growth of the company.
This is a great opportunity to join a category-leading brand and an exciting stage in the history of the business. Due to the fast expansion of the business, we are looking for professionals to join our team to fulfil and grow into their roles.
What you will be doing…
• Implementing risk assessments and safe systems of work for all tasks and areas within the company. You will do this by ensuring that all hazards are highlighted and identified hazards eliminated or reduced to low as possible
• To work closely with all department managers especially with the engineering and production managers to achieve health & safety goals and continuously improve working standards.
• Ensuring that standards of health & safety maintained at all times.
• Prepare and implement the necessary policies and processes related to health and safety.
• Carry out and review risk assessments, considering how risks can be reduced.
• To be up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation, and any developments that affect the company.
• Monitor Environmental impact and ensure site adheres to Company & Customer requirements as well as any UK legislation.
• Writing safe working procedures, which account for all relevant hazards.
• Carry out daily inspections, ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Conducting in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
• Managing work wear and PPE for all employees.
• Accurate record keeping, including inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
• Keeping and completing, where necessary, records of near misses, incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers.
• Ensures all environmental, health and safety related documents are kept up to date and auditable.
• To ensure compliance with LOLER, PUWER and HASAWA obligations.
• Advising and implementing on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, the environment, dust, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
• Health and Safety qualified.
• You will have exceptional interpersonal skills, attitude, and ability to communicate clearly.
• You will have previous manufacturing experience, but this is not essential.
• You will have excellent accuracy skills and be organised and efficient.
Essential criteria and qualifications:
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• A proactive approach to Health and Safety.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to plan your own workload and supervise contractors.
• Strong IT skills.
• Knowledge of the food sector would be beneficial.
• NEBOSH qualified.
• IOSH qualified.
• Be able to work well as part of a team and support others in the company at all times is essential.
Therefore, if you are hardworking, passionate and feel you are able to excel in this role, click apply today. We want