Chorizo Salad with Brioche Croutons
1. Heat chorizo in a pan over medium heat, once cooked through, remove from pan, but leave the remaining fat.
2. Add brioche cubes to pan and increase heat to high. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes, or until well toasted on all sides. Remove and set aside.
3. Add oil and cook on high heat, then add the corn and cook until well-cooked. Add garlic, spring onions, stock and butter and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the chorizo, and fresh basil and continue to stir the mixture. Season with salt and pepper for added taste.
5. Meanwhile, poach four eggs until desired runniness.
6. Divide corn mixture between four small bowls, and add the poached eggs on top. Spoon remaining liquid evenly. Then garnish with the brioche croutons, chopped basil leaves and remaining spring onions. Enjoy!
- 20 minutes
- 4 people
4 Brioche Pasquier Brioche Rolls (cubed),
1 clove garlic,
2 spring onions,
200ml chicken stock,
3 tbsp unsalted butter,
2 fresh basil leaves,
4 poached eggs,
salt and pepper to taste.